`

Credit score

I had very good credit but had too many credit cards and was only able to make minimum payments so I used a program 2 years ago to pay them off. My credit score went way down. I knew it would take a hit but had no idea that all creditors wouldn’t be notified at the same time thus causing me to have many late payments.  I will be finished with the last credit card in May of 2021.  How long will it take for me to have good credit again?

Credit score

Bad marks stay on your credit report for 7 years.  The effect that bad marks have on your credit score may lessen somewhat over time, if you are re-establishing good credit habits since then. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**