Solved: Credit Score

Credit Score

If I cancel my credit card, my credit scores is going to get low?

Credit Score

Yes, when you close a credit card account, you lose the available credit limit on that account. ... Another reason closing a credit card can cause your score to drop is that it can lower the average age of accounts on your credit report, especially if it's an account that's been open for a long time.

See the following for more information.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/will-closing-a-credit-card-hurt-your-credit/#:~:text=For...

Credit Score

See the following for more information.

Credit Score

In most cases, it will be better for your credit score to keep the account open, paid off, and not used.  However, if you will be paying annual account fees to keep it open, or if you would be at risk of misusing it, then just cancel.   

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

Credit Score

@DebbieValkyria wrote:

If you have no use for the account, I would close it without regard to credit score.   The idea that credit score matters is a myth.  Net worth, income, and cash flow are what matter to your financial world.