turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

garywh56

Daughter is in a different state going to college, I paid @ 70% of her living expenses. All of her school expenses. Can I still clam her as she didn’t live with me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

Daughter is in a different state going to college, I paid @ 70% of her living expenses. All of her school expenses. Can I still clam her as she didn’t live with me

Yes, you can claim her if she is a full-time student under age 24. If you provide support and she would live with you if she did not have housing local to her college, there is no issue.

You can also claim education credits for paying for college if you meet those guidelines.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ashby

Yes, you can claim her if she is a full-time student under age 24. If you provide support and she would live with you if she did not have housing local to her college, there is no issue.

You can also claim education credits for paying for college if you meet those guidelines.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies