MrFujio

Will I be able to claim any education credits for '19? I went to college for 6 credits last yr. My employer paid my tuition. The college will not be sending 1098T

AmyC

Since your employer paid the tuition, you will not be receiving tuition credit. If you had other qualified expenses and attended a qualified college, you could possibly deduct those expenses.

Here are some links:

Qualified Expenses

Qualified College

Available Education Credits

IRS Q & A about education credits

MrFujio

Thank you very much. So that makes me ineligible to claim American opportunity credit and lifetime learning credit, correct?

AmyC

Provided you attended a qualified college, you should have a few expenses left to use against the Lifetime Learning Credit. You only need one class to claim it. If you had no out of pocket expenses at all, then you would be out of luck.