Solved: Whose return do I claim 1098E (Education Interest Paid) on, if son is FT student and dependent with minor earned income?

Whose return do I claim 1098E (Education Interest Paid) on, if son is FT student and dependent with minor earned income?

Son is FT student & made $1500. Tried claiming on his return but it said "no"- dependent. Tried my return but says 1098-E int paid must be claimed by borrower on form, even if paid for dependent child. I am a co-signer and the form came in his name, although I made all interest and principal payments. 

The form only gives me my name and my husband's as an option for who the education credit was for.

Where do I claim?

You can claim the student loan interest deduction on your tax return as you are the co-signer and pay the loan installments. In TurboTax, you choose the name of the co-signer as the borrower.