turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdcurry05

Where can I correct Student Information showing that my husband was not a student in 2018?

I must have checked the wrong box, indicating that my husband was a student during 2018 - he was not.  I cannot find where to fix this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Where can I correct Student Information showing that my husband was not a student in 2018?

Other than the Education section where you would be entering education expenses, the 'student' question is most relevant with regard to the Saver's Credit. 

Revisit the Saver's Credit section of your return to change your answer with regard to your spouse's status as a student. 

Use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “saver's credit, form 8880” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to saver's credit, form 8880
  • Click on the blue “Jump to saver's credit, form 8880” link and enter your information

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Other than the Education section where you would be entering education expenses, the 'student' question is most relevant with regard to the Saver's Credit. 

Revisit the Saver's Credit section of your return to change your answer with regard to your spouse's status as a student. 

Use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “saver's credit, form 8880” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to saver's credit, form 8880
  • Click on the blue “Jump to saver's credit, form 8880” link and enter your information

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies