Solved: Where can I correct Student Information showing that my husband was not a student in 2018?

jdcurry05

Where can I correct Student Information showing that my husband was not a student in 2018?

I must have checked the wrong box, indicating that my husband was a student during 2018 - he was not.  I cannot find where to fix this.

AnnetteB

Other than the Education section where you would be entering education expenses, the 'student' question is most relevant with regard to the Saver's Credit. 

Revisit the Saver's Credit section of your return to change your answer with regard to your spouse's status as a student. 

Use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “saver's credit, form 8880” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to saver's credit, form 8880
  • Click on the blue “Jump to saver's credit, form 8880” link and enter your information

AnnetteB

Use these steps: