kasia32489

Where can I claim Lifetime Learning Credit on TurboTax? Question for 8863 form only refers to American Opportunity Tax Credit. I make less than 23k a year.

KrisD

Once you have entered all the pertinent information into the education section, the program will select the credit that results in the best tax benefit for you when you select "Maximize My Education Tax Break". If you want to change this selection, for instance the program picks the American Opportunity Tax Credit, but you want to take the Lifetime Learning Credit, follow the steps below. 

Type   letme   (as one word) into the search box

Click the "Jump to letme" link

MichaelDC

Why do you want LTC? Have you already take the American Opportunity Tax Credit for 4 years? Typically, TurboTax will choose the most beneficial credit if you qualify for more than one. Let me know.
KrisD

Click the "Jump to letme" link

kasia32489

Awesome thanks so much.
KrisD

Glad to help. Thank you for using Turbotax.