brianc280

When trying to put my 1098t form for education expenses, why is Box 2 for Billing missing? It shows Box 1,3,4,5, and 6, but Box 2 is nowhere to be found

As I am putting my information from my 1098t form for education expenses, it shows me all the boxes, but somehow Box 2 is not there at all, would this be a glitch or what is going on, it shows me Box one for payments received for tuition and related expenses, but after that theirs no box 2 at all
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Box 2 can no longer be used. If your school issued a 1098-T with an amount in box 2, ask them to issue a corrected form with the amount paid in box 1. The IRS will no longer accept an amount in box 2. If the school correctly entered the amount paid in box 1 and had no box 2 on the 1098-T, they were correct. 

brianc280

Thank You for the respond, I didn't know about that till now