turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Husband recieved 1098t from work. But employer paid tuition. Do we still need to enter his info?

husband recieved 1098t from work. But employer paid tuition. Do we still need to enter his info? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Husband recieved 1098t from work. But employer paid tuition. Do we still need to enter his info?

No, if you didn't have any out of pocket tuition or additional educational expenses you do not have to enter the 1098-T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

No, if you didn't have any out of pocket tuition or additional educational expenses you do not have to enter the 1098-T.

Thk u
tiltonm11

My company gave 5,200 tuition reimbursement but I paid $1,200 out of pocket for what they didn’t reimburse plus I paid books. Can I claim something?  And how? This was for graduate work. 

You should be able to claim the Lifetime Learning Credit for the out of pocket tuition expense. Pretty sure LLC doesn't let you claim books. Just going from what I remember from when my husband got his master's degree.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies