jessejordan3rd

The price of my materials I deducted from school supplies (computer) are more than my payments received for tuition and related expenses is this ok?

MichaelDC

A computer for school purposes may or may not qualify for these credits. Generally, if your computer is a necessary requirement for enrollment or attendance at an educational institution, the IRS deems it a qualifying expense.

If it's a legitimate expense, it's OK that it's more than tuition paid. Many times, scholarships or financial aid assists in the tuition but not the books and other related expenses.

If you have any other details regarding this question, please feel free to post them in the comment section. 

MichaelDC