turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi. How do I get a GA500 form for my college?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

The Form 500 is the Georgia state tax return.  If you filed the 2016 Georgia state return then it will be included in the PDF you can download.

When you sign onto to your online account using the exact same user ID you used to create, complete and file the 2016 tax return you will land on the Welcome Home screen.  Click on the blue link - Download/print return.

Or when you land on the Welcome Home screen click on My TurboTax at the top left of the program screen.  This will take you to the 2016 Timeline.  Under the section Some things you can do:  Click on either Download/print return (PDF) or Download all forms and worksheets.

@Seanandebony 

You posted your username and nothing else.  Do you have a question that has not already been answered in this thread about the GA500 form?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ornowski

very confused on how to get a 2018 Ga 500 tax return form for my university. Any information on this form would be greatly appreciated.

Carl
Level 15

That's the Georgia Individual State Income Tax Return form. Did you file a tax return with the state? If so, just provide them a copy of said tax return. I would assume that if you e-filed your state taxes with Turbotax, that you printed a hard copy of it for your records in case the state ever comes back asking you to prove that you did "in fact" file a tax return for whatever year may be in question.

If you did not file a tax return with the state of Georgia, then obviously you can not provide them that which does not exist.

Why do I HAVE to pay for turbo tax pro to even print out the forms?

@Ebonyivory1430 wrote:

Why do I HAVE to pay for turbo tax pro to even print out the forms?

Because TurboTax does not provide a free tax storage archive.  Each tax year you have from January to October to file and print and download your return as many times that you want for no additional charge.  After October, 15 the tax year ends and tax returns are archived in  an area that is only available to paying customers.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@Ebonyivory1430 

It is not "pro" it is PLUS.  And the reason you have to pay is that TurboTax does not store your tax returns for free forever.  But right now, you cannot purchase PLUS.  The system is in transition from 2018 to 2019, and will not be ready until early December for you to purchase PLUS or to start a new 2019 return.

Going forward remember to print out a copy of your tax return and save it as a tax file and as a pdf before mid-October so that you can access it anytime you want to.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies