turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says a form cannot be e-filed on my tax return, Form School Cr Res. Which I understand is school related..but I have not been in any schooling in years. Why need this?

While filing tax return, at the very end it says some of my tax forms aren't ready. And if I look it says "School Cr Res" which cannot e-file. I redid everything and made sure I didn't misclick, but it still appears at the end. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

It says a form cannot be e-filed on my tax return, Form School Cr Res. Which I understand is school related..but I have not been in any schooling in years. Why need this?

If you do not believe you need the form, you can also try to remove it from the program. 

In TurboTax online,

1.  Sign in to your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  To your left, Select Tax Tools/drop-down menu

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose to Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to Form R-10614 and Continue with My Return to proceed

@tails2nigower

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MarilynG1
Employee Tax Expert

Wait to Efile your return until all your Forms are Ready.

The School District Credit form will have instructions on where to mail it when you print or save your return.

Here's more info on the School District Credit. 

I do not understand why that form is necessary, I shouldn't have any school related form related to my tax return.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

The Louisiana School Readiness Credit is not unnecessary for filing your state tax return, but it may save you money. Louisiana provides a tax credit to some parents who have children in day care. If that applies to you, that is why you are seeing questions about the form.

You may qualify for the credit if you claimed a Louisiana child care credit and your incurred child care expenses for a qualified dependent under age 6 who attended a child care facility that is participating in the Quality State rating program.

You cannot e-file if you claim this credit because Louisiana requires you to attach Form R-10614, which is available from your day child care facility.

If you do not wish to claim this credit, uncheck any dependents and TurboTax will skip the credit.

Dependents Who Qualify

I have no dependents, or children, on my returns. I just ran back through to make sure. (again) 

It even says "You don't qualify for a 2020 child and dependent credit"
"You don't qualify for a school expense credit"

And still it's like that form is required. I'll wait until 1/28, and if it isn't fixed or something, guess I'll post back/have to call...Otherwise I can't file my state return.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you do not believe you need the form, you can also try to remove it from the program. 

In TurboTax online,

1.  Sign in to your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  To your left, Select Tax Tools/drop-down menu

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose to Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to Form R-10614 and Continue with My Return to proceed

@tails2nigower

Well, although that was possible, it doesn't work. The form does get deleted (or seems to) until I go through my state return again, then it's back at the end, and back on the list you just introduced me to. I deleted it twice, with it reappearing.

I really don't see what could be wrong on my end; I've been through the process multiple times.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

E-filing doesn't start until Feb 12th.  Even though you have the option to submit your returns now, they won't be processed until next month, so there is no need to get them submitted early.  In fact, if you do submit them and then need to change something before Feb 12th, you won't be able to as your returns will be locked in a 'pending' status.  

There is something in your state return that is causing the credit form to re-appear.   Can you confirm what state return you are filing?  If so, I can go through the state interview and see if I can locate the screen that is causing the form to keep returning.  Thanks!  

Louisiana.

I've also already filed my federal. (only worked one place last year, doubt I'll need to change it)

I realize it's not going to be approved, for at least around a month from now; much less get sent to me maybe a month and a half later if all goes well.

I was wondering, if this might fix itself before that time also...as if maybe this is just because I'm filing so early this year.

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Louisiana has many forms that are not ready.  LA has a later deadline to file taxes than the federal also.  The IRS will begin processing refunds the week after they begin accepting returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies