turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

syntzu

I finished my federal return portion but I did not see any place to input my federal per diem allowence/credit i.e 80 percent of $66 per day.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I finished my federal return portion but I did not see any place to input my federal per diem allowence/credit i.e 80 percent of $66 per day.

Are you an employee or self- employed?  For self-employed, go to the General Info for the Business, and look for Other Situations- Subject to transportation service.  Later under expenses it will allow you to enter the per diem amount.

@syntzu

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
syntzu

Self employed sole proprietor.  I figured it out though. As an owner operator truck driver, I didn't lose my per diem allowance/credit like company drivers did. But I couldn't figure out where to add it. Turns out it's added under the Meals section. I titled it "Federal Per Diem Allowance" and then put in my amount, which is calculated for 2019 as 80% of $66 per day. Thanks for replying. I was panicking a bit since, for me, it's a major deduction.

On an unrelated side note...I am curious, I know a Mary K who is a tax expert. She is best friends with my deceased brothers widow. His name was Michael, hers Saundra. What a small world if that is familiar to you. If so, hello and hi how are ya? If not, or if out of line, my apologies for the intrusion.

Thank you again.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Glad to help, and no I am not that Mary K but wouldn't that be neat!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies