Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

v-santoy

I am trying to enter my 1098T form but it tells me that I had previously entered tuition amount as $0 and will not allow an edit. Does anyone know how to edit?

It skips straight to the extra expenses such as books and lab equipment
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am trying to enter my 1098T form but it tells me that I had previously entered tuition amount as $0 and will not allow an edit. Does anyone know how to edit?

Yeah, this is a known issue. I have reported it again. 
Check back in a day or two and be sure you updated your program if you are using the desktop version. 

I am experiencing the same.

Has a resolution been found? Its 3 weeks later?

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

To edit the 1098-T information, please follow the steps below. Note: You must go all the way through the entries to get to the section where you can edit the information. 

1. Log into TurboTax and click on any topic to continue
  2. Click on Federal from the menu on the left-hand side and then click on Deductions & Credits at the top
  3. Scroll down to Education and click on Show More
  4. Click on Start or Revisit next to Expenses and Scholarships and then click Continue
  5. At the section, "Did 'Student' Pay for Books or Materials to Attend School?" don't enter amounts, scroll down and click Continue 
  6. Keep going and at section "Did 'Student' Receive a Scholarship or Grant in 2019?", Don't enter amounts, click Continue 
  7. Keep selecting Continue to all screens (If program says it can't maximize because there are no expenses, that's okay. Keep going until you get back to the Deductions & Credits screen. Click on Education and continue)
  8. When you get to the section "Your Education Expenses Summary," click Edit
  9. Click Edit next to Students name and then click Edit next to Tuition
  10. Select Yes at section "Did 'Student' get a 1098-T from 'College' for 2019?" and Continue
  11. Enter the information as reported on the 1098-T

@v-santoy

@cjdavis515

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies