turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

palbeebe

My son is a full time student at a 4 year college but also took courses at a local community college in the summer, where do I add the second college?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM

My son is a full time student at a 4 year college but also took courses at a local community college in the summer, where do I add the second college?

Once you've entered the first 1098-T [Federal Taxes > Deductions & Credits > Education > Expenses & Scholarships (Form 1098-T)], you'll be asked the question Did your son attend another school in 2016.  When you answer "yes" you'll be asked if he received a 1098-T and the process to enter those expenses will begin.

If you're going back into the Education section after having entered the first school and then exited, when you click on Expenses & Scholarships (Form 1098-T), you'll be shown the page entitled Your Education Expenses Summary with your son's name and school listed.

Click on Edit next to his name and you'll see the Here's your education summary screen.  Below his college will be a blue link for Add New School.  Select this link and you'll be able to enter the new school information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM

Once you've entered the first 1098-T [Federal Taxes > Deductions & Credits > Education > Expenses & Scholarships (Form 1098-T)], you'll be asked the question Did your son attend another school in 2016.  When you answer "yes" you'll be asked if he received a 1098-T and the process to enter those expenses will begin.

If you're going back into the Education section after having entered the first school and then exited, when you click on Expenses & Scholarships (Form 1098-T), you'll be shown the page entitled Your Education Expenses Summary with your son's name and school listed.

Click on Edit next to his name and you'll see the Here's your education summary screen.  Below his college will be a blue link for Add New School.  Select this link and you'll be able to enter the new school information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies