Solved: My wife receives a College Tuition and Fee waiver, she will not receive a 1098T. Can I deduct the cost of textbooks, transportation, and other supplies used for school?

My wife receives a College Tuition and Fee waiver, she will not receive a 1098T. Can I deduct the cost of textbooks, transportation, and other supplies used for school?

Since we will not receive a 1098t I want to verify whether I can still deduct the cost of textbooks, transportation, and other school supplies I had to purchase for my wife.

Yes, you will go to same area under Deductions and Credits to Education to 1098-T area.

You will enter this area and say you have no 1098T and then enter the costs of the books and supplies for school.

The transportation to and from school is not an expense you can enter for the credit.