caseyconlan

My parents pay the portion of my tuition that is not covered by a scholarship. They do not claim me as a dependent. Should I claim my 1098-T form on my taxes?

DanielV01

Yes.  If they don't claim you as a dependent they cannot claim Educational Credits on you either.  Please note this link to IRS Publication 970 that deals with Education Credits:  Can You Claim the Credit? (Answer applies to both school credits).

Because of IRS rules, you will report expenses paid by your parents as being paid by a third party.  The IRS treats these payments as having been made by you.  Thus you, and only you, can claim Educational Credits if you are not a dependent on your parent's return, so you will want to enter your 1098-T information into TurboTax for this purpose.

DanielV01