My daughter's foreign U is a DOE eligible educational school without a Fed ID. How do I avoid getting a TT error when entering tuition info w/o an ID and for efiling?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KarenJ

In TurboTax, you'll simply tell the program that "yes" you incurred educational expenses, but that "no" you don't have a 1098-T. 

If you are unable to e-file without the ID, you will need to print and mail your return.

KarenJ

The international university provided their OPE ID number and when I added a zero to it, TT accepted it as the Fed ID and I was able to file it electronically.