TaxDad

My daughter is a graduate student, 23 and we are claiming her as a dependent. Can I take the education credit from her 1098-T?

We have a second child who is 19 and an undergraduate.  We plan to take the educational credit from her 1098-T.  I hope we can take multiple deductions for our 2 children.

KatrinaB

Yes, you can claim an education credit for more than one dependent. The student who is an undergraduate may qualify for the American Opportunity credit and the graduate student may qualify for the Lifetime Learning Credit.

Click the link below to view the differences between the two credits.

https://www.eitc.irs.gov/other-refundable-credits-toolkit/compare-education-credits/compare-educatio...

KatrinaB