yoyo77_5

IM A FULL TIME STUDENT, 19 YEARS OLD, NO ONE WILL CLAIM ME. I DID NOT SUPPORT MYSELF. I HAVE A 1098-T $4840 AND W2 WITH A COMBINED OF $1809.54. HOW DO I FILE?

ALSO DO I NEED TO FILE FORM 8615? IF I DO AND ITS ASKS FOR MY MOM SS# WILL SHE GET IN ANY TROUBLE IF I PUT HER INFO?

DawnC0

Form 8615, probably not, but it depends on your unearned income.  And no, she won't get in trouble if you do what you are required to do.  Here is what you want to know about it.  What is the Kiddie Tax?

You have possible education credits and probably can be claimed a parent, even if they don't claim you.  It may be better for your mom to claim you.  But to find out what you can do, I suggest you use the IRS's Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA), specifically, these