marquise56

If my employer paid 50% of my tuition and I paid the other half shouldn't I be eligible for Life long learners credit. The amount I paid is non-reimbursable.

LukeG

You are eligible to claim the Lifetime Learning Credit if all of the following requirements are met:

• You (or your dependent or a third party) paid qualified education expenses for higher education.
  • You paid the education expenses for an eligible student.
  • The eligible student is you, your spouse, or a dependent you claim an exemption for on your tax return.
  • Your modified adjusted gross income is less than $67,000($134,000 if you are married filing jointly).
  • The credit is reduced between $57,000 and $67,000 ($114,000 and $134,000 MFJ).
marquise56

1. I paid for a portion of my tuition 50%
2. I'm the eligible student
3. Married filing jointly our income is 82k
Wouldn't that mean I'm eligible?
the amount my company paid is listed in box 5 as scholarship.