Solved: If my child graduated from college in 2016, can I still use her Coverdell to pay back her student loans without penalty?

If my child graduated from college in 2016, can I still use her Coverdell to pay back her student loans without penalty?

The payback of student loans is not an eligible expense for a Coverdell or a 529 plan withdrawal.  Any fees paid for room and board during that last semester might qualify, though, if they were not already used for a credit or withdrawal in prior years.