Solved: If I am ineligible for a student loan interest deduction due to salary in my federal tax form, am I also ineligible in my NYS tax form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am ineligible for a student loan interest deduction due to salary in my federal tax form, am I also ineligible in my NYS tax form?

Yes, New York uses the federal adjustments to income (such as student loan interest) when computing your NY adjusted gross income.  So, if you aren't eligible for the federal deduction, then it won't be factored into your New York return.  They don't calculate it separately.