savannahb622

I was wondering if I can add a camera purchased in 2019 to my school expenses since it was purchased for a photography class, but it was not required for me to buy?

LindaB1993

Computers and Cameras = Tax Deduction?  You would think that since the purchase of the camera is directly related to the photography class, an educational deduction would be allowable. 

However, on the IRS website, the expense  does not qualify under "Related expenses.  

"Student-activity fees and expenses for course-related books, supplies, and equipment are included in qualified education expenses only if the fees and expenses must be paid to the institution as a condition of enrollment or attendance."