hwolk0711

I took a refresher course for so I could go back into the work force as an RN...Is that deductible?

Is was from an community college
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TomK

Yes.  "If your education is not required by your employer or the law, it can be qualifying work-related education only if it maintains or improves skills needed in your present work. This could include refresher courses, courses on current developments, and academic or vocational courses."

For more information - IRS Pub. 17 - 27: Tax Benefits for Work-Related Education: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch27.html#en_US_2016_publink1000173992

TomK