larrydbrown3

I started a business but did not get a 1099. Can I still write off the expenses for my business that I did get a 1099 for?

Filing as a Rideshare driver, but I accrued expenses as a realtor. Am not filing the 1099 as a realtor.

RichardK

If you operated two separate businesses (sole proprietorships), you should complete two Schedule C's, one for each business. You are allowed to deduct business expenses, even if you did not have revenue, as long as the business was operating, click here for IRS publication 334 Tax Guide to Small Businesses.

RichardK