hdstreetglide777

I purchased a new 5th wheel in July 2014. Am I able to claim the interest on the loan from that point until now?

Are you trying to claim it as a "second home"?  Does it have facilities for sleeping, cooking and potty?  If so, the interest could be claimed under mortgage interest, but you would have to amend your returns for the years that you want to enter the interest.  You cannot just put it all on your 2017 return.

To learn more about amending your tax return, please review the information in the following link.https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908543-do-i-need-to-amend-my-tax-return

Click or tap a tax year for specific amending instructions.

·         2016

·         2015

·         2014

·         2013

Related Information:

·         What does it mean to "amend" a return?

·         Do I Need to Amend my Tax Return?

·         Will amending delay my original tax refund?

·         What is the deadline for filing an amended return?

·         Can I e-file my 1040X to amend my return?

·         2016

·         2015

·         2014

·         2013

Related Information: