I participated in a required study abroad program for my college degree. The money I paid is not shown on my 1098-T. Can I deduct this money as an educational expense?

I was required to participate in a semester-long study abroad program for my college degree. The total cost for the study abroad program was $9,000. Two thirds of the funding came from scholarships, but I paid over $3,000 of my own money. The scholarship funds are shown on my 1098-T. The money I paid is not on the 1098-T. Can I deduct the $3,000+ as an educational expense? If so, would this be recorded as “Other Educational Expenses?”

Only tuition and books and supplies required for the course of study are qualified education expenses.  Travel expenses are not eligible.