Solved: I paid tuition for 2016 but it did not appear on 1098-T form. I also forgot to enter tuition billed and paid in 2015.

stewakat

I paid tuition for 2016 but it did not appear on 1098-T form. I also forgot to enter tuition billed and paid in 2015.

LinaJ2018

-If you paid any qualified educational expenses in 2015 and did not include in your 2015 taxes, you will need to amend your 2015 tax return to re-claim the benefit. 

If you filed your taxes with TurboTax, to amend, see 2015 Amendment

-For 2016, if the Form 1098-T does not reflect the correct tuition amount paid, you can adjust the amount in box 2 on  your Form 1098-T to claim an educational credit or deduction.

Enter the Form 1098-T into TurboTax exactly as it appears on your form, then click on the link in blue that says "what if this is not what I paid to this school?" (below box 2) to enter the full amount of tuition you actually paid. See the attached screenshots below.

LinaJ2018