madeline17795

I'm a dependent who is in college. My parents pay for my tuition and all expenses. Do I enter my 1098 tuition form on my tax return, or do they use it for their return?

Bsch4477

They use the form for education credit on their return.  If you have scholarships in an amount greater than qualified education expenses the difference is income on your return assuming that you have to file one. 

KrisD15

If it generates a credit, your parents use it to claim a credit. 

If it generates taxable income, you need to claim the income. 

Your parents can enter the 1098-T into their TurboTax program and the program will report which way it should be reported. 

Hal_Al

There's even a loop hole available for the parents to claim the credit, if the student is on scholarship.

For details, see: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/college-education/discussion/yes-that-is-a-tax-loophole-available-...