turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

srlien

Does private catholic school tuition, sports fees, computer use fees, classroom fees, field trip, lunch, dance fees count for k-12 education deductions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Does private catholic school tuition, sports fees, computer use fees, classroom fees, field trip, lunch, dance fees count for k-12 education deductions?

Which state are you in?
srlien

I live in MN.  My kids go to a private Catholic school.  I have documented paid fees for tuition, student dances, scrip, parent connection, lunch, field trip, classroom fee, laptop/technology, sports.

I don't live in MN but this might help:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.edchoice.org/school-choice/programs/minnesota-k-12-education-credit/">https://www.edchoi...>

There is no federal deduction for private elementary school.  Certain states — Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina and Virginia — offer state tax credits to fund organizations that distribute private school tuition in the form of scholarships.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies