mckenzyconley

I graduated from graduate school last May but I paid my entire last semester out of pocket. Is there a way to make that count for an extra deduction?

I know I qualify for the lifetime learning credit, but I want to be able to view the option for tuition and fees deduction to see if there is a way to input it specifically. I didn't receive a 1098 T because it is not required since I was only enrolled for one semester before graduating. It was only an internship so I fell below the requirements to receive financial aid, so thousands of dollars out of pocket. I feel like that deserves a little extra!!

KarenJ

Unfortunately, the Tuition & Fees Deduction was not renewed by Congress at the end of 2018. 

KarenJ