Hetzelhouse75

I entered the wrong tuition amount for my son's private school tuition credit subtraction on my Wisconsin State form & I need to amend it.

Karen1209

To amend your state return, please see instructions below:

Log into the TurboTax account containing the return you need to amend.

1. On the Welcome home screen, select Amend (change) return.
  2. On the Are you sure you'd like to amend? screen, select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  3. On the We’ll Help you change (amend) your return screen, select Continue.
  4. On the Have You Already Filed This Return? screen, choose Yes, I need to amend a return I already filed, and I need to amend my 2017 return, then select Continue.
  5. On the What do you need to change on your return screen, scroll down and select Update next to State return.

Begin amending your state return with your changes.

NoteThe refund meter is reset and may show odd numbers until all of your changes are entered. When you're finished with your changes, the refund meter shows any additional amount owed or refunded to you. This amount is in addition toyour original payment or refund shown on your originally filed tax return.

When finished you will see a copy of your amended return. Print two copies, one for your files and one to mail in. The refund meter shows your new refund or amount due to be mailed in.

Mail one copy of your amended return to your state address listed on your amend instructions. Processing of amended returns can take several months.