Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening TODAY!

I am graduate student and i have to file W2 taxes through our university specified software. Can i file W2 forms and 1099-B forms separately with two different softwares?

I am international graduate student and i have to file my W2 taxes through our university specified software. Along with W2 i also have to file 1099-B form from robinhood which has multiple trasactions which would be easier if i file through turbotax. Can i file W2 forms and 1099-B forms separately with two different softwares?

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Sorry, but you can't do that.  All of your income and deductions must go on only one return.

bwa
Alumni
Alumni