Solved: I am a college student. My parents pay for my tuition, but I pay for all other expenses. I make over $20K. Do I still need to be claimed by my parents?

I am a college student. My parents pay for my tuition, but I pay for all other expenses. I make over $20K. Do I still need to be claimed by my parents?

They also pay for any medical expenses that occur. I pay all other expenses (rent, utilities, groceries, clothes, car, phone, etc).

Well it #1) depends on your age.  If over age 23 at the end of 2017 they cannot claim you.  #2) If you pay *more* than half of your total support for the year they cannot claim you.

Use this worksheet for determining support.

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p17#en_US_2017_publink1000171012