Solved: How is it fair that I had to pay over $4,200 in school loan interest but can only claim $2,500? My generation doesn't stand a chance. It's a disgrace!

How is it fair that I had to pay over $4,200 in school loan interest but can only claim $2,500? My generation doesn't stand a chance. It's a disgrace!

The U.S. Congress writes the tax laws.  You might want to contact your Congressman to express your opinions on this issue.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**