farigys

How do I know if I got hope credit last year? I am looking at 8863 form and it has an amount for Lifetime Learning Credit, but nothing is said for Hope Credit.

MichaelMc

You can only receive one federal educational tax benefit per student per year. If your 2015 tax return indicates the Lifetime Learning Credit was applied, that is all that you could receive.

The HOPE Credit has not existed for several years. It was replaced by the American Opportunity Tax Credit. For more information, please see American Opportunity Tax Credit.

MichaelMc