Solved: How can I fill out educational expenses for a university outside the U.S. which is qualified for U.S. student loans but does not fill out 1098-T forms for students?

How can I fill out educational expenses for a university outside the U.S. which is qualified for U.S. student loans but does not fill out 1098-T forms for students?

My university has provided me with an official letter from the school confirming my expenses and tuition paid for the year. They have told me this document is agreed upon with the U.S. government. Can I still file online, or do I need to mail this in? How can I reflect these expenses on my tax forms?

All you have to do is indicate in the program that you do not have form 1098-T, you will be able to enter your expenses and scholarships if any.  You don't have to mail any forms if you submit your return electronically. 

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Deductions and Credits
  3. Education
  4. Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T) 

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Deductions and Credits
  3. Education

If the currency of the tuition is a foreign currency - how should that be indicated on the form?