kerriljennings

Halfway through the year, my student loans switched lenders-both U.S. Dept of edu.. I received 1098e from both. Do I add all of them up or go with just current lender?

PatriciaV

Yes, add the information from both Forms 1098-E. As you can see on the screenshot below (click to open), you work on each form one at a time. TurboTax will total the numbers for you.

kerriljennings

Thank you! If I already filed my taxes and added them up put that total on one line, will they ask me to correct them?
PatriciaV

Probably not. As long as the total matches the info sent to the IRS, you should be fine.