alaina0213

Does my ex-husband have to report the entire amount of refund from 2016? My student loan interest was what gave us a sizable refund. We are filing separately this year.

What was your marital status on 12/31/2017? And in which State?
alaina0213

We were still married but filing for divorce on 12/31/2017. I am not filing in California because I had no income. He will be filing in Florida but most of his income was received while in California.

CA is a Community Property State, so half of his income is deemed to be yours.