Solved: Do you subtract any taxed tuition reimbursement against the amount you paid out of pocket for qualified tuition?

Do you subtract any taxed tuition reimbursement against the amount you paid out of pocket for qualified tuition?

My employer paid $3100 for tuition over the $5250 tax free allowable.  I reported the $5250 as tax free education assistance but since the $3100 was taxed and reported on my W2 do I still need to subtract these additional funds when calculating the adjusted qualified education expenses?

No, you are taxed on that (additional) income, it should be included in Box 1 of your W2 and you do not subtract that from the remaining education expenses paid in 2018.