pmontalvo123

Do I have to submit the 1098-T form information if my mom will use it when she claims me? Will it still be valid for her if I use it? I don't see around not using it.

ModestaL

No, you don't need to add your 1098-T (Tuition Statement) on your return. If your mother is claiming you as a dependent on her tax return that's who would take the credit. You could file your own tax return and receive a refund of the taxes withheld or balance owed. However, you must indicate on your tax return that you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return.

ModestaL