Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Continuing Education tuition, how and where do I file this?

Can I file deductions for a 2 year Continuing Education Online program (Native Education)? If so, where/how?  Thank you!
1 Reply
New Member

Continuing Education tuition, how and where do I file this?

It depends. If your school meets the definition of an eligible educational institution and you meet all the other requirements, then you can claim the credit. According to page 23 of Pub 970, "an eligible educational institution is any college, university, vocational school or other postsecondary educational institution eligible to participate in a student aid program administered by the US department of Education. It includes virtually all accredited public, nonprofit, and proprietary (privately owned profit-making) postsecondary institutions. The educational institution should be able to tell you if it is an eligible educational institution." Please refer to the following IRS information to access a list of eligible educational institutions.

To learn about the different types of education benefits, please refer to the following IRS link.

The Lifetime Learning Credit might be a good option for you.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings