Can I use my 1098-T form to deduct tuition from my taxes if I am using student loans to pay the tuition?

Yes, you can use the Form 1098-T to deduct any educational expenses if it is paid by loans. Form 1098-T will list any grants or scholarships that were used in paying for your tuition as well.

In order to enter this into TurboTax

• Login to your TurboTax online account
  • Click Take me to my return or pick up where I left off
  • In the search box (located in the upper right hand corner), type the word 1098-T
  • This will take you to the area to enter any education expenses. Enter the 1098-T exactly how it is shown on the form and TurboTax will calculate the appropriate credit.

In order to enter this into TurboTax

• Login to your TurboTax online account

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing