Solved: Can i deduct my childs pre school costs

Can i deduct my childs pre school costs

Can i deduct my childs pre school costs

Preschool expenses can be applied to the child and dependent care credit. See the following excerpt from IRS Publication 503:

Education .   Expenses for a child in nursery school, preschool, or similar programs for children below the level of kindergarten are expenses for care.

Expenses to attend kindergarten or a higher grade aren't expenses for care. Don't use these expenses to figure your credit.

However, expenses for before- or after-school care of a child in kindergarten or a higher grade may be expenses for care.

Summer school and tutoring programs aren't for care.

Can i deduct my childs pre school costs