Solved: Can I claim my child as a dependent when he is a full time college student but had the majority of his college expenses paid by scholarships not by me

Can I claim my child as a dependent when he is a full time college student but had the majority of his college expenses paid by scholarships not by me

Yes, you can claim his as a dependent if he is under 24 and you provided more than half of his support in 2017. Scholarships which paid for his college expenses do not count as support as the student providing his own support..