Can a student file a 8863 form if the parent filed...

Can a student file a 8863 form if the parent filed the 1098T?

My parents have already filed the 1098T without filing for AOTC credit (form 8863). When I am on TurboTax online, I'm only prompted for the AOTC if I enter in my 1098T. How can I apply for just the AOTC using TurboTax online? I don't want both the parent and the student (me) to file for the 1098T, I'm pretty sure only one person can do it. However, because of the income limitations for the AOTC, I think only I can apply for it. Can someone give me any advice?

If your parents claimed you as a dependent only they can claim education credit.  If they claimed you be sure you checked the box saying that. 

Can you describe where the box is that says that my parents claimed me as a dependent? I just went through the Education and Scholarships section on Turbotax online and it did not come up.

Review your personal information section.