You can purchase audit protection for this year's tax return (as well as past years) to make sure you have audit representation when you need it. It's best to do this through TurboTax, before you've filed your taxes.
Full Audit Representation is included in MAX Benefits and PLUS Help & Support, which can be purchased any time before you file.
- With your return open, select Review in the left menu (select the upper-left corner to expand the menu if necessary).
- Continue until you see the option to purchase MAX Benefits or PLUS Help and Support.
- Select Add MAX benefits or Add PLUS benefits and proceed. We'll add the MAX or PLUS fees (which includes Full Audit Representation) to your final tax prep bill, which you'll pay before you print or e-file your return.
- With your return open, click the Review tab, then Audit Protection below it.
- Select Continue on the Full Audit Representation (Audit Defense) offer screen and follow the instructions to purchase (via credit card or deduct from your refund).
You can also purchase Full Audit Representation after you've filed your return, provided you haven't been audited yet. Simply go to the TurboTax Full Audit Representation website to sign up.