Why do I have to pay to access my prior-year retur... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.3135 helpful votes

Why do I have to pay to access my prior-year return?

TurboTax is designed to make the filing process smooth and hassle-free. Each year as part of your filing experience, we encourage you to download and save a PDF of your completed tax return.

After you file, we also make it easy to access your current-year return in TurboTax through October 31. This gives you time to download and store a PDF of your return.

You can easily save a copy of your completed return by either of the above methods for free.

When next year’s version of TurboTax Online is released, you can regain access to your last seven years of tax returns by purchasing PLUS (if you're using Free Edition), or by paying for TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, or any version of TurboTax Live. This way you can view, print, or download any of your prior-year returns.

You can also get a free transcript or an exact copy of your return for $50 directly from the IRS.

If you just need your AGI from last year, there are a few ways to find it.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in